McKenna's Novelty Theory involves ontology, morphogenesis, & eschatology; while studying wave graphs of thousands of years of cycles of 'resonance detail.
(More below) View his (must see) 23 min 43 second time-travel!
Compressed Resonance of 1945- 2012!
ABOUT: Novelty Theory attempts to predict the ebb and flow of novelty in the universe as an inherent quality of time. It is an idea conceived of and discussed at length by Terence McKenna from the early 1970s until his death in the year 2000.
"Novelty, in this context, can be thought of as newness, density of complexification, and dynamic change as opposed to static habituation. According to McKenna, when "novelty" is graphed over time, a fractal waveform known as timewave zero or simply the timewave results. The graph shows at what times, but never at what locations, novelty is increasing or decreasing."Source 7 Precepts of Novelty Theory have a few basic tenets:
1. That the universe is a living system with a teleological attractor at the end of time that drives the increase and conservation of complexity in material forms.
2. That novelty and complexity increase over time, despite repeated set-backs.
3. That the human brain represents the pinnacle of complex organization in the known universe to date.
4. That fluctuations in novelty over time are self-similar at different scales. Thus the rise and fall of the Roman Empire might be resonant with the life of a family within a single generation, or with an individual's day at work.
5. That as the complexity and sophistication of human thought and culture increase, universal novelty approaches a Koch curve of infinite exponential growth.
6. That in the time immediately prior to, and during this omega point of infinite novelty, anything and everything conceivable to the human imagination will occur simultaneously.
7. That the date of this historical endpoint is December 21, 2012, the end of the long count of the Mayan calendar. #