-A couple of reactions:
1. "Light as a cloud, with a slight taste of honey."
2. "So great! How about in my coffee?"... "yummy!"
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup Flower honey
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1- 1/4 cups Low-Fat Milk
1- 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 generous cup Crème Fraiche
Nasturtium, Pansy or Herb flowers ~(Optional)
1. Whisk egg yolks, honey, and cornstarch in bowl, until thick
2. Bring milk to boil in saucepan, slowly pour first mixture
3. Keep whisking (low heat) until custard is thick & smooth
4. Pour back into bowl & then chill
5. Stir in the vanilla and crème fraiche
6. Pour into plastic or freezer-proof container
7. Freeze for 6 hours; or firm enough to use scoop
8. Ice-crystals? Use a fork (once or twice) to break
Tip 1: Accurately measure honey!!
Tip 2: Decorate with Flowers for great effect!
Tip 3: Serve with C.C. Streusel Coffee Cake!
Zigguratofdoom! is hosting...
The Carnival of The Recipes #86