Sunday

Lost in the Forest, 'Pumpkin Soup'

-Posted by D. Worth (US) | for- M. Barbay (France) (US trip!)

Well, I was all day trying to find Grandmother's house... No GPS!
Returning from a drive, I evidently took an opposite road, an additional 50 miles! Thick into the woods, it suddenly dawned on me that the river was nowhere in site... So I turned around, and went "another" opposite way; and again... Pretty soon, I was dissolved in the forest.
(more below)

Image: Civilization at last!








The road was getting very dangerous, and I couldn't turn around safely; So I go out... Then I backed up for several miles until I reached a fairly civilized dirt road. (in pic)

After several turns, I was twisted into the woods for hours, and hours; Grandma finally sent an overhead search out for me... Only one thing... I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me to look at the sky...
Might have helped...

Anyway, I was actually going make this soup, and post Grandma's pumpkin soup recipe today... Goes great with a tiny Veggie Quiche pie...




The soup is now officially called...
~~~~~Lost in the Forest Pumpkin Soup~~~~~

Ingredients...
2 tablespoons (50 g) butter
4 leeks, white parts only, washed & thinly sliced
11/2 (750 g) peeled pumpkin, cut into 1-in (2-cm) cubes
3 cups (24 fl oz/750 ml) veggie broth (or chicken stock for some) salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) milk

How to...
Melt half the butter in a heavy 4-qt (4-l) saucepan and cook the leeks until soft and golden, about 5 minutes; stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Stir in the pumpkin cubes, stock, salt, and pepper and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is very soft.

Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Reheat gently, adding the remaining butter and the milk. Stir well and remove from heat. Pour the soup into a tureen and serve immediately.


Note: May add cheese or fresh basil 'a top' just before serving...
(That is, if you survive the "Wild Bear" area.)



Market Currents


Morning Stock Talk

Twitter / investment


Think Liberty... Support Small Businesses

Forbes Market News


European Politics

ECB | Euro foreign exchange reference rates

ECB - European Central Bank


Quick Video News

Breitbart

TheBlaze

NewsBusters

The DC Video

CNS News

CNS Headlines

I Hate The Media